Any guy, straight enough, has for sure tried hitting on a girl sometime in his life. Many guys am sure have done much much more than once, and only for that one girl.
So how to really impress a girl? Seems like a tough question isn’t it? Well, I am no baba to give you sermons on what to do, and what not to do. But yes one thing, which seems too obvious, but seldom followed is – “Girls are not impressed by anything which seems fake or unoriginal”. Don’t get me wrong,i said seemed fake and unoriginal. “Seemed” is the word here.
Now on the topic, here I list out some things that we guys delve into trying to impress the girls.
- Drink too much. One or two drink can help you relax and feel confident( really?). but that confidence son turns into stupidity with the third drink, and by the fourth peg you are more near becoming her laughing companion than anything else. Well seriously, throwing up on her dress, will sure not impress her. Right Lambu?
- Getting into fights over a girl! Another big no no. Probably a decade or two back when the Indian society was different, a guy was required to show this skill to prove his dominance, but not any longer. Yes, you should prove that you are capable enough of taking care of her, but not by beating the junior black and blue for staring or even trying to pick a conversation with your girl. Simple – If you get your ass kicked you lose status. If you beat up the other guy you come off as a jerk. A real lose-lose situation. Take the other guys interest as a compliment and use your charm and rules of attraction to make sure that you beat him where it matters, getting her. Trust me, this works!
- Tattoos with names. Well, it just sounds to psychotic, and creepy!
- Taking her to art exhibitions you know nothing about. This also included documentary films, Oscar winning movies, which you have no inclination towards her. You just try doing it to show her your coolness factor, and alas! It does not come this way dude! No, showing off listening to phil Collins also does not work!
- Skidding your bike on the beach road. She would pray, “why does he just not die?”. Girls do love adventure loving guys, and they do like the risk taking guys, but they do not want to be with stupid guys, who try doing such stunts, blowing up their rich dad’s money on car tyres.
- Lying. So you talking to her, and boast your snooker playing skills, or your score in the last AIMCAT( geek!). no, the girl is not impressed. She is the one who requires praises, the fairer sex is not conditioned in a way that she showers praises on you.
So, after all this, am sure the question hanging on you girls out there is – really? “Actually, we girls are so much like this. Probably right, I never liked sangmesh using the geeky boasting thing ever.”.
And all you guys there, am sure the question haunting you right now is – “So, how the hell do we do it?”
Don’t try to impress her – Yes here it is the very big secret in front of you! The best way to impress a girl is not to impress her. Now you might be wondering how does this really work? Well when most guys try to impress girls they tend to become more unauthentic and try to show off with almost anything and everything. Girls are not impressed by such tactics and would end up putting you in the “Show off” category. The best way to impress a girl is to be yourself and let things happen automatically.
Well honestly, this is an art which is honed over years, and as is with anything else, “Practice make’th a man perfect!”
Yes, this does not mean don’t pamper her. Girls, again due to the genetic makeup, like getting pampered all the time.
Note: This post is inspired from a similar titled post on rediff.com