I turned 26 years old some time back, and am now on the way to hit 27. What a wonderful journey it has been.
I recently came across this rant on facebook, on why 26-28 is not a nice age for a man, and thought I should tie it up in eternality on my blog, and not let it die on the transient Facebook.
The reasons why 26-28 is not a nice age for a man :
- all your ex-desires are getting married
- Your career has just started,
- Elders treat you as unproven theorems,
- College guys feel that you are too old to have in their group
- You seem to enjoy both cartoon and news
- You can no longer eat whatever you wish without putting on weight
- You look like an ape if you don’t shave daily
- You are not invited for weekend…… cricket matches .
- Every Aunty you meet asks “Shaadi kab kar rahe ho beta!!”, while uncles ask “Career ka kya socha hai beta…”When the reality is that you are just riding the wave and going with the flow
- You have all the confidence in the world but little achievements to show
- You know that whatever you have been taught about the world in schools has been sheer waste of time.
- Politics till now was a dirty word but now you feel it everywhere.
- You know now love is not that blind and that friendship has its terms and conditions
- You know there is nothing for granted and free lunches are not free
- Your overconfidence is now making way for a humble conscience
- You now know it is not exactly what we thought it would be! Reality strikes, and it strikes hard!
By the time you get well versed with these emotions, you would already be changing diapers!
p.s.: Source for this article is Facebook wall posts